2018-2019 Parkhill Dress Code
Cleanliness, neatness, appropriateness, and the effect on the learning environment are the criteria which should dictate the student’s choice of dress and grooming. A student is not appropriately dressed if he/she is a disturbing influence in class or school because of any accessory or clothing item.
- A School issued Student ID and lanyard must be worn at all times. If lost, a replacement ID must be purchased by the student for $5.00 in the front office. Lanyards are available for $1.00. Students without an ID will serve a lunch detention. Students are required to get a temporary ID before school.
- All clothing should be free of inappropriate or disruptive slogans, phrases, pictures, tobacco or alcohol advertising, sexual or drug-related references.
- Tops must cover the midsection completely when sitting, standing, raising arms and participating in normal class activities. See-through tops, pants, leggings, and tube tops are not allowed. Tops should not be low cut or too tight. Straps on tops need to be 2 inches in width.
- Skirts must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee.
- Tights must be worn under jeans which have holes above the knees.
- Pants should be sized appropriately and fastened at the waist. Sagging pants are not allowed.
- Pants and skirts should not feature writing across the backside.
- Leggings and jeggings may only be worn with shirts that cover the entire backside and are at least as long in the front and sides as the length required in the back.
- Shorts may be worn if they are no shorter than 4 inches above the knee. No cut-offs or biking shorts are permitted.
- Undergarments should not be seen when students are sitting or standing.
- Shoes must be substantial and worn at all times. House shoes and shoes with rollers in them may not be worn at school.
- Hats, caps, and other headwear (unless of a religious nature) may not be worn in the building.
- Facial piercings are not allowed
- Accessories which feature skulls, spikes, chains, and large metal studs are not allowed.
- No oversized bags, purses, or totes are permitted.
Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in a student being sent home for a change of clothing and/or school disciplinary action. Sweatpants and/or t-shirts will be provided for students if the administrator deems a change of clothes is necessary. Building administrative decisions regarding student dress are final.